In todays crazy and busy world, keeping your home in order helps you handle stress. These 5 easy things can be easily accomplished and keep you on track to deal with your day!
1) Check your coat and shoes at the front door. Even if you don’t have a closet near the front door, you can keep it clutter free. Place shoes on a mat or in a basket to keep them out of the way and easily accessible.
2) Make your bed every day. Studies have shown that people who make their bed on a daily basis start the day feeling good about themselves. If you don’t have a lot of time, simply pull up the comforter and straighten the pillows.
3) After showering, squeegee the walls and glass and get a start on keeping the shower clean. Keep shampoos and face scrubs all in one place, and limit the amount. You don’t need four different shampoos in the shower all at one time!
4) Be a creature of habit and put your keys in the same place every time you walk through the door. Doing so will save time and eliminate frustration. A small tray or dish on the counter or the entry table works perfectly.
5) Plan in advance what you’ll have for dinner. I write down at the beginning of the week what every nights meal will be. Not only will I be prepared, but it can be fun to anticipate your evening and not worry when your family asks “What’s for dinner?”
Getting and keeping your home organized doesn’t have to be stressful. Setting aside 30 minutes a day can help keep your living space organized and your sanity intact!